Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Happy February

A new month means a new page on the calendar:




One of the little goals I've set for myself this year is to stay on top of my calendar layouts and have them ready to go for the first of the month.  I used one of Jacob's paintings for the background and then just added a few simple embellishments: red ribbon(from Michael's), lace tape (from stampington.com), and a few random hearts: one from Kraft paper, one from my favorite red patterned paper (Paper Source), and one cut from red felt.  A little tape, a little glue, a few staples, and I added a quote from Jack Kerouac in the bottom left corner: "Be in love with your life.  Every detail of it."  I came across this quote on Elise Blaha's blog: www.eliseblaha.typepad.com.  She used it on a layout she created for Project Life, so I took a cue from her and did the same, and also thought it was perfect for this month's calendar layout, which shows some recent pictures of Jacob doing fun stuff like eating ice cream, drawing, and reading a book at the library. 

I think using Jacob's artwork is going to be repeated on the calendar layouts throughout the year.  Because it's a great way to show off his artwork and also because he makes a LOT of paintings.  And I can't quite bring myself to put any of them in the recycle bin. 

And now to find the Valentine decorations and get them put up!  


No comments:

Post a Comment