Saturday, February 11, 2012

New stuff!

I've been having lots of fun making collages the past couple of weeks and thought I would share a few of them.  These will be going to a couple of the fabulous shops where I sell my stuff and also to my first show of 2012 (yay!) in a couple of weeks, Arts & Crafts at the Fairgrounds, which will be held in the Varied Industries building at the State Fairgrounds, Friday evening Feb. 24, Saturday Feb. 25 and Sunday Feb. 26. 



 A butterfly found it's way onto the cover of a bingo book...often times, what happens to be scattered around my work table serves as inspiration. 
 Then I raided my stash of old costume jewelry for these two pieces.  The black and white rhinestone brooch belonged to my grandma, who would probably find it bizarre that I put it on a collage.  But it's just been sitting in a box for years and it's not something I wear, although I love it.  I love how it adds some sparkle and dimension to this collage. 
One thing people at shows often ask me is "what do you do with all the book pages?" when I use the covers of old books to make journals.  Well, this is one thing I do with them.  Ink them and make collage backgrounds.  I love the results.  I use Tim Holtz Distress Ink and Stazon Ink.  I'm also a little bit obsessed with that polka-dot Smash tape, as you can tell. 

Hopefully creating some bright and spring-like pieces will bring on some warmer weather.  That's what I'm hoping anyway, as I looked out the kitchen window this morning and saw that the thermometer said four degrees.  It's too cold to go anywhere, so I'll continue to stay home and make stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment