Monday, February 20, 2012

The table experiment

I've mentioned a few times that I have a hard time throwing stuff away.  Without at least attempting to make something out of it.  Such was the case last week when my mom was getting rid of a nondescript, made-in-China end table.  I saw some potential in that plain little table (sorry, I always forget to take before pictures!)  This is how it turned out:


Some paint, some inked dictionary pages, my favorite Smash tape....my current favorite butterfly motif....and voila!  Trash into treasure.  And it wasn't as hard as I thought to take the table apart and put it back together again.  Luckily the hubby had the exact right little wrench to tighten up the legs so now this table is perfectly sturdy instead of wobbly like it had been. 

So I'm thinking I might have to hit a few thrift stores to see if there are any more little old tables out there that might benefit from a collage facelift. 

No comments:

Post a Comment