Friday, April 8, 2016

Back to the books!

If you live in or around Des Moines, you may have heard of the book sale: the Planned Parenthood book sale, which happens twice a year (April & October) and just happens to be one of the best book sales in the country.  It's one of my favorite events and where I find many of my best books for creating journals.  Since the Downtown Des Moines Farmers' Market starts on May 7 (I'm scheduled for opening day--always a great time!), I was waiting in line to get in the door yesterday.  Waitied in line in some very cold rain and little ice pellets....but of course it was worth it.  Thought you might like to see some of what I grabbed:



I love my Nancy Drews.  It's a treat to find some of the old blue ones without their dust jackets.  None of these are in collectible condition--perfect to make into journals.  


I haven't ever made a Charlie Brown journal before so these will be something new for me.  
This will obviously make the perfect journal for someone.  Victorian novels often have very amusing titles. 

Old typing and shorthand manuals are some of my very favorites to make into journals.  It's been quite a while since I've had an old typing book.  The typing books make perfect spiral sketchpads, while the shorthand books are just the right size for a journal to fit in your purse.  

I'll share more in the next month before opening day of the market.  If you're able to visit the market, you'll see some of the books pictured here transformed into journals.  Time to get to work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment