Sunday, November 11, 2012

sunday morning coming down

Yesterday.....it was 72 degrees and sunny.  I missed most of that because I was inside at the Beaverdale Holiday Craft Boutique.  Which was so awesome that I don't feel bad about missing summer in November. 
Today....it's hovering around freezing and gray and rainy.  My plan for today is to stay in my pajamas all day.  So far, so good.  (It's almost noon.) 
It's a good thing I'm self-employed so that working in my pajamas is totally fine, and even, I suspect, commonplace.  Why get all dressed up when I will just get paint on whatever I'm wearing anyway?  Also, less laundry to do.  And heaven knows I do plenty of laundry.  Good think I have a combination art studio/laundry room so I can multi-task.  And I'm pretty good at multi-tasking in my pj's, even on a dreary Sunday morning.  I've already managed to put the first coat of paint on four canvases and glue paper on ten covers.  I plan to get quite a bit accomplished today, and I will accomplish it in my pj's. 

Today is Veterans' Day.  My grandparents always called it Armistice Day, because of course, that's what it was originally called.  After the Armistice was signed, after the Great War, which eventually became World War I.  There's your mini-history lesson for today.  I would like to thank all of those brave souls who protect and defend our freedoms.  I don't think I could do what you do, and so I thank you.  We all thank you. We should thank you more than we do. 

Whatever your Sunday brings you, enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment