Monday, June 4, 2012

June Calendar

Yesterday I found a little window of time to put together a calendar page for June.  Another totally unplanned, random collection of tidbits, but I'm happy with it.  The background paper is one I've had for a few years and I love it.  This was actually my last sheet of it, but I squelched my tendency to hoard and cut into it.  The yellow file folder scrap is just that: a scrap that was in a pile leftover from making journal pockets.  The "play. laugh. grow." is from a tv commercial (Play Skool, perhaps?) and I know I've used it before on scrapbook layouts.  I think it's perfect for kid-related layouts.  The polka-dot tape is either Tim Holtz or 7 Gypsies, and the velveteen leaves were purchased from Speckled Egg a few years back; I stuck it on there for a bit of texture.  Cut, stick, and hang it on the wall.  Done.  What I love most about this is the photos.  I am blessed with a photogenic child.  The photo on the left was snapped by me and the one on the right was taken by our good friend Ruth during our recent visit to Eldora.  She had her photos printed and then sent me some in the mail--a wonderful surprise.  I love getting real mail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment