Monday, April 2, 2012

Happy April!

April started out wonderfully: our thermometer showed a high temperature of 88 degrees yesterday! We spent most of it outside, playing, washing vehicles the old-fashioned way, and finished off the day with a nice long bike ride.  It was Jacob's first time riding on the bike trail at Gray's Lake here in Des Moines and he did great.  As for me, it was much more fun to ride with him than to push him up hills and then chase him down hills. 

I was gone all day Saturday at Sycamore Craft Market in Iowa City (had a great time, and thanks to Jody & Jason for creating and hosting this event!) so yesterday I put together our April calendar layout in record time by grabbing a few supplies from my stash and sticking it all together. 
Once again, I used one of Jacob's many paintings for the background.  He's a very prolific "paint artist."  The measuring-tape trim on the bottom is by Webster's Pages, the "play" ticket is Tim Holtz idea-ology, and the "Grow" bingo card is from Jenni Bowlin Studios a couple years back.  I've had the flowers in my collection so long that I have no idea what brand they are.  I stuck it all together and got the page done.  Easy peasy. 
I wanted to include a picture of Jacob and the tulips in the yard, because he was so excited when they bloomed last week.  I can't take any credit for the tulips; they came with our house when we moved here almost five years ago.  The fact that I didn't plant them is probably why they continue to bloom every year. 
We are so enjoying this early spring that we've got.  I wanted our April calendar to be bright and colorful as well, just like the tulips. 
Now we're off on another bike ride.  Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment