Tuesday, May 31, 2011

All in a day's work...

Today was a busy one.  I worked really hard scouring the antique mall for treasures.  Sounds fun, right?  Well, if you're into that sort of stuff, which I am, it definitely is!  And for me, it's part of my job....because making journals out of old books requires finding old books.  Which means that I have to go shopping.  Because it's a job requirement.  Lucky me! 
Found some good treasures today: a few Trixie Beldens (I was fresh out of them!) and my best score was a few volumes of these 1961 Popular Mechanics Illustrated "Home Handyman" Encyclopedias.  They're in pretty bad shape and were crying out for a makeover.  It was kind of funny that I found these today, because I'd just visited a good friend who, along with his lovely wife, are currently in the middle of home remodeling hell (Hi Jerry & Pat!).  Around our house, the home handyman is working on a new fence so we have enough room to put in a swingset for the little guy (who, by the way, will celebrate two weeks of being potty trained tomorrow!).  Father's Day is around the corner so these books found their way to me at just the right time of year.
I also worked on some ideas for my display for Art in the Park in Dallas Center this Saturday, that I'm pretty excited about.  Usually my displays are pretty basic, involving a tablecloth and cramming as much stuff onto the table as I can.  But since I'll have a lot more room for Art in the Park, I'm trying to spruce things up a little.  I don't have it finalized yet, but I can tell you that it involves a birdcage and a beautiful vintage typewriter.  You can always come check it out Saturday, at Mound Park in Dallas Center, from 1 to 5, and I will be sure to post some pics afterwards. 
Okay, back to work.   

No comments:

Post a Comment