Sunday, October 7, 2012

October

Only a few days behind in getting my October calendar put together.  I waited on purpose to get some up-to-the-minute photos of Jacob during his preschool field trip to the pumpkin patch.  It was my first visit to a pumpkin patch as well. 
I put forth a bit more effort on this month's layout because October is the month of Jacob's birthday.  I dug through my extensive collection of chipboard alphabets & numbers that I haven't used in oh-so-long to add a bit of dimension.  The number four was a plain chipboard piece that I inked with some Distress Ink in Fired Brick and a bit of StazOn Ink in Timber Brown around the edges.  The red letters are ones I've had forever (maybe old Heidi Swapp?) that I distressed a bit and inked with the brown ink as well.  The striped paper is also old: My Mind's Eye from 2006. 
 
Hard to believe I had a baby just four years ago.  And now that baby is getting good at using the computer all by himself and using words like "eager" and "misunderstood."  He definitely has a mind of his own and isn't afraid to assert himself.  Anywhere, anytime.  I'm glad he's so independent.  I remember being four years old myself and how much fun it was.  Here's a flashback photo of me one October many years ago:
I think I'm actually five in this photo.  And I'm pretty sure my dad posed me like that.  He's also the one who carved the jack-o-lanterns you see here.  This was snapped in the backyard of our old house on Rock Island Street in Knoxville, where I passed some of the happiest years of my life. 

Happy October!

No comments:

Post a Comment