Monday, September 24, 2012

The seasons are a-changing. But some things aren't.

Summer is definitely my favorite season, but I have always loved fall almost as much.  Love it when the air feels crisp.  Love jeans-and-sweatshirt weather: not too hot, not too cold.  Makes me a bit nostalgic for high-school football games and homecoming dances. My only complaint is that fall never seems to last long enough, but hey, maybe with the effects of global warming that will change.

I was flipping back through the family scrapbook and came upon the "Summer Manifesto" I wrote about a few months back.  And guess what?  We did pretty good at most of what I wanted to do this summer.  We did play outside a lot and went swimming quite a bit.  Picnics tapered off after June and all the super-hot temperatures, as did the bike rides.  Fall is a good time for bike rides too.  And we saw an awesome concert at the Iowa State Fair: Hank Williams, Jr.  Great show!  Another legend I can cross off my list. 

My summer reading obsession with sequels & variations of  Pride & Prejudice has apparently become not just an obsession, but a way of life.  I would hate to count how many of them I have read by now.  Some are very, very good and a few of them have been very, very bad.  Let's just say I'm doing my part to support the American economy by shopping on amazon. 

Fall is when my life gets very, very busy as the holiday shopping season (aka craft show season) begins in earnest.  It's busy and I love it.  Love, love, love it.  I get to travel around the beautiful state of Iowa a bit and I have the opportunity to talk to lots of nice people.  It's one of the best parts of my job. 

Also new this fall is that you can now find my products at Mohair Pear in beautiful Cedar Falls, Iowa.  They hosted the awesome Pear Fair last Saturday.  You can find pics from Pear Fair on their facebook page and you can check out the store at 2209 College Street in Cedar Falls (open 7 days a week) or online at www.mohairpear.com.  This was my first Pear Fair and I would definitely do it again.  Folks in Cedar Falls are pretty darn nice.  It was a great way to start my autumn. 

If I were going to make a fall manifesto, I think it would look much like my summer one.  I want to ride my bike and play outside, just like I did when I was eight years old.  Some things don't change.  And when I like something, I usually like it for a long time. 

Happy fall to you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment