Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I heart Cash.

(Please note: I have NO IDEA why this photo looks funky...I took it with the new phone I got today and there is a long learning curve ahead for me, as is always the case with new technology!)

I love Johnny Cash. 

Ask anyone who's ever ridden in a car with me: nine times out of ten, I've got Cash playing.  Over and over.  And over.  I never get tired of hearing his voice and that distinctive sound.  I remember listening to him with my Grandpa sometimes, either via the car radio or the eight-track player he happened to have in one of his cars.  He got a big kick out of hearing "A Boy Named Sue." 

So this collage is a little tribute to him.  The image in the middle came out of a magnet I bought...somewhere...quite a few years ago.  The magnet broke.  And of course I couldn't throw it away.  Yesterday morning I looked at it and suddenly remembered several sheets of old sheet music I had in my stash.  So I tore up a bit of it and started to glue.  Then I remembered the guitar paper and dug through my big basket to see if I had any left.  Luckily I did, and I snipped out a lone guitar, and thought it looked pretty good.  I flipped open one of my giant dictionaries and found the definition of "legend" and stuck that on there too.  I decided to include the word "forever" rather than "legend".  I added a Hambly transparency I've had for quite a while and this little collage (6 x 6) came together.  I like how it turned out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment