Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Go!

It's been a while since I've had time to sit down and write a post.  Because we have been on the go almost non-stop for the last two weeks.  Starting with the Fourth of July, our social calendar has been filled....which is a bit unusual for us, but lots of fun.  There was a high school reunion and a visit from my brother and nephews from California that kept us on the go.  A little family road trip to beautiful Hardin County for a stroll down memory lane and a chance to show my nephews the places we used to go with our grandparents, back in the day.  Here are a few pics of what we've been up to:

We spent a wonderful day with old friends at their pond near Eldora, and Jacob caught two fish. 
We watched a little bit of the rodeo that was going on at the Hardin County fair in Eldora.  Jacob felt bad for the calf he saw getting roped and said: "He's dragging that poor little guy around."  After watching approximately ten minutes of calf-roping, my little man was ready to hit the fair rides (luckily there were only a few!):
Jacob was not at all scared to ride the big slide all by himself.  He is getting so grown up. 

Jacob was super-excited to show his big cousins around Iowa Falls.  He couldn't wait to go back to the swinging bridge and the playgrounds that we visited in May:
Our houseguests departed this morning and our house seems a little empty and quiet.  But it is kind of nice to get back to our normal routine.  Like making stuff, going to the wading pool and storytime at the library, and of course, getting caught up on laundry.

FYI, the collage at the top of the post was an experiement I tried last week and I like how it turned out.  I used alphabet paper tape that I ordered from Paper Source, and the awesome metal letters were a find at SILO.  If by chance you want it, shoot me an email or leave a comment here and we can make that happen.  Until then, I'm going to enjoy it here in our home for a while before I take it to a show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment