Tuesday, January 3, 2012

In the studio

Here's what's been happening at our house lately:




I have a new apprentice in the studio; his name is Jacob, he is three years old, and he loves to paint.
He wants to paint every day.  And so I let him, even if it's a tad messy.  I let him because he loves it and because I'm pretty sure my parents never let me paint at eight in the morning, or any other time of the day, for that matter.  Because I might have made a mess.  Messes were discouraged.  But sometimes, things that are fun are messy.  So if Jacob wants to paint, that's what we do.  Now he even has his very own toolbox with his very own paints and brushes in it, just like Mom.  A couple of weeks ago he said to me, "Mom, I want to do what you do."  We further discussed this matter and it's been decided that Jacob is going to make stuff and do craft shows with me.  I am looking forward to that.  Hopefully he won't change his mind.  But if he does, that's okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment