Friday, December 23, 2011

'Twas the week before Christmas...

...and all through the house:
we moved my studio from upstairs to the basement, creating what is effectively a combination art studio/laundry room.  Every artist's dream, right?  Actually it saves me quite a few trips up and down the stairs, so while it might take out some of my daily cardio, I can get more work done. 

Finally finished up all the orders I needed to deliver by Christmas and all customers were happy.  I'm already starting to fill my event calendar for 2012.  I have virtually no inventory left, which is, of course, a good problem to have! 

Realized that today is December 23 and I still have some holiday shopping to do.  Guess that means I will be hitting the mall today.  Not my favorite thing, but unavoidable.  I'm sure we'll manage to squeeze in one last train ride for Jacob while we're shopping.  Riding the train at Valley West Mall has been his favorite activity for the last month. 

I would like to thank everyone who reads my blog and who has supported my business this year.  2011 has been a good year and I am grateful for those who appreciate handmade goods and who make the effort to shop locally.  It makes a big difference to me.  I wish you all a wonderful holiday and a happy, healthy 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment