Friday, November 25, 2011

Gratitude

Thanksgiving is over, but I think it's good to think about all that I have to be thankful for no matter the date.  Here's a by-no-means-all-inclusive list, in no particular order, of some of those things for which I am most thankful:

My beautiful, wonderful little boy:  I am thankful he is healthy and happy and that I get to spend most of my time with him.  I am consciously thankful for him every day.

Health, my own and that of my loved ones.  So important.

Pandora internet radio.  Love it. 

Quick shipping when I order supplies online.  And good customer service, especially when I email places like Paper Source with questions!  They actually email me back, and quickly.

Thankful and very happy about another awesome Market Day Black Friday sale today.  Love meeting new customers and talking about what I love to do with people who are interested.  And loved seeing so many folks shopping local, as well as folks in town for the holiday weekend who had never been to Market Day before discovering and appreciating it. 

Being surprised today with a visit from my friend Katie, who came to visit me at Market Day.  Totally wasn't expecting to see her, which made it even better.  Thanks, Katie!

Not-freezing, not-snowing weather in late November in Iowa.

Really good books (recommendations always welcome); I just finished Freedom by Jonathan Franzen, which I loved.  Sometimes I wish I didn't read so fast, because it's so much fun to be engrossed in a good book.  I'm also loving Fannie Flagg novels these days as well, and recently re-read my three favorite Jane Austen titles: Pride & Prejudice, Sense & Sensibility, and Emma.  

And....there's so much more, but for now, I'll stop here.  Every day I make an effort to think about something in my life that I'm thankful for and I find this helps me remind myself how good I've got it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment