Friday, February 11, 2011

More Lovely Ladies


I'm not sure what it is about these vintage pattern gals that inspire me so much. They all look so pleased with themselves--maybe that's what it is. And of course they are all just so perfect, so skinny and well-dressed. Maybe that's part of it, too. I am also very impressed with the idea that there are people out there in the world who actually make their own clothes. I have only ever attempted to do that once in my life and I feel confident in saying it is something I won't try again. Because I wasn't good at sewing in seventh grade home ec class and I'm sure I haven't improved. And sewing machines are too expensive for me to touch.
These gals are some of my latest creations. I think the quote about marriage makes the piece on the left a perfect anniversary gift, don't you? "I love being married. It's so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life." If that doesn't describe marriage perfectly, I don't know what does.

No comments:

Post a Comment