Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day





We enjoyed a nice mellow weekend and started celebrating Valentine's Day (or V.D. as we like to call it) by exchanging gifts. The little guy made out like a bandit, fueling his idea that he should get a "present with trains on it" every single day. There was candy, new Starbucks travel mugs, Elmo outfits and monster truck t-shirts, and of course, trains. A good time was had by all. Jacob really seems to have the Valentine spirit and enjoyed making Valentines and handing them to Mom, Dad, and Nana. Also shown above is a bit of Valentine art that I made last year and stowed away with our V.D. decorations. So I felt the need to add a quote and just a hint of glitter to it as it seemed to be lacking that certain something. I just love the vintage Valentine that I copied and included in it; it was one that someone gave my grandpa's brother (my great uncle) many years ago. The quote I added is one by Joan Crawford: "Love is a fire. Whether it is going to warm your heart or burn down your house, you can never tell."
Happy V.D. everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment