Friday, March 9, 2012

The Suitcase


I've had this old suitcase for a long time and have used it for storage.  Quite a while back (like nearly two years ago, I think) I had the brilliant idea to decoupage it with old book pages.  Of course, once I started it, I got a little bored with it and so it sat unfinished for a long time.  A couple of weeks ago I made up my mind to finish it. 
And so finish it, I did.  This was a great exercise in patience.  I'm pretty pleased with it.  Getting around the locks and latches and corners was a bit of a challenge, but I got it done.  The plan is to use this baby to haul journals to craft shows and it will probably even become part of my display.  I'm not sure exactly how old this old Samsonite is; I'm guessing from the 50s or 60s.  It seems to be virtually indestructible.   


No comments:

Post a Comment