Thursday, August 25, 2011

Tools of the Trade

I've been making books non-stop this month, so I'm spending lots of time using all of these tools.  These are the tools I couldn't live without.  my non-stick scissors (top left), and I can't even recall the manufacturer, but they are a must-have, especially when I'm cutting super-sticky redline "commitment" tape.  Next to the scissors you can see my Corner Chomper, by We R Memory Keepers.  I've been using this so much lately to round journal pages that my right hand is feeling a little bit arthritic!  Bottom right is my Fiskars rotary cutter, which is meant for quilters, but I use it to cut the large pieces of beautiful paper that I use in my journals; it goes hand-in-hand with the long metal ruler on the far right.  Bottom middle is my handy little pair of Zutter wire cutters: I held out on buying these for a while, but I'm so glad I did.  Totally worth it.  On the bottom left is my "heavy-duty" craft knife that came from Harbor Freight Tools.  I use it for lots of different things, from taking books apart to cutting book board.  It was cheap and it works great.  And last, but certainly not least, is my paper cutter: it's new this year.  I used a cheapo plastic one for quite a while, but this one by We R Memory Keepers was affordable (thank you, Hobby Lobby 40% off coupon!) and it works well and I can cut multiple pieces of paper, which has helped me increase my efficiency and keep the carpal tunnel at bay a bit longer!  I think I could cut paper in my sleep......

No comments:

Post a Comment