Sunday, March 27, 2011

Book Sale booty and the backstory of my craft adventures.


This weekend is one of my very favorite each and every year: the great big Planned Parenthood Book Sale. I have been going to the book sale for years, because I have always. loved. books. Ask anyone. At one time I had 26 boxes of them that I moved around with me from one apartment to another; I packed them and unpacked them in alphabetical order and was ridiculed for this, but I am after all the daughter of a librarian. So every year I would go to the book sale and be unable to resist such steals as a vintage etiquette book for a dollar. I would read a few pages and then put it on a shelf with other vintage books in my collection. Vintage books make lovely displays in any home, in my opinion. I did this for years and in 2008 I made my first upcycled journal. And then I made a few more, for practice. I got better at it. I started to sell a few. When Belinda from Pure Paper said my journals were nice and offered to sell them in the store, I was elated! I got busy making books. I got brave and applied to craft shows. I had fun and made money--really, what more can you want in life? That's the dream you hear people talk about : do what you love and the money will follow.

The book sale has been, and always will be, one of my very favorite things.

No comments:

Post a Comment