Thursday, September 9, 2010

Countdown to the big book sale....

I really love the month of September because it means the big Planned Parenthood book sale! This has always been one of my favorite events, even back before I became a maker of stuff. There's just something about it....all those books in one place, never knowing what I might find. I get excited just thinking about it. I don't even mind hauling heavy boxes full of books out to the car and then unloading them again at home. Even the challenge of trying to make space in the house for them (and keeping it on the down low in the hopes that the husband won't see just how many books I've brought home) is fun. I always find lots of good stuff there and I can't wait to get home and start giving these old books a makeover. The book sale starts one week from today, and I will be there first thing on Friday morning (yes, I even took the day off work for this very important event). And I will make at least two visits to the fairgrounds this year. Can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment