Monday, April 1, 2013

Bright April

Holy moly, I think spring has finally arrived!! 

I just finished this journal up this morning.  I love the bright colors inside and the beautiful illustration on the cover.  It's a discarded vintage book I've never seen before, but serendipity put it in my hands in a timely manner. 

We've gone a week without snow.  That's a record!  I am getting excited for spring flowers, craft shows, and playing outside.  Finally. 

What are you looking forward to this spring? 

Here are a few more spring-ish journals I've finished lately and will share:
This is an upcycled 1966 book about Iowa and it makes an adorable journal or scrapbook (I think.).  The whole book is included, so you can learn a little bit of Iowa history while you're filling the blank pages. 

I'm thinking about planting some flowers and also about garden journals; they're one of my favorite type of books to make.  Old agriculture textbooks make great garden journals too, as well as old garden books.  Here are a few:


The paper you see on the inside cover here is oil paper, and it is awesome.  I think it looks like a cross between a Monet painting and tye-die.  Love it.  Will definitely be getting some more. 

Big things are in the works here in Papercake world: May is going to be a fun and super-busy month.  I can't wait.  When I know all the details, I will share.  Lots to look forward to! 

Happy April and happy SPRING!

No comments:

Post a Comment