Wednesday, August 1, 2012

New stuff!

Yesterday was a very productive day, aided in no small part by singing along to some old Dixie Chicks tunes at top volume.  Hope my neighbors don't mind too much.  I tried something new and like how these turned out:
Ever since I started making collages using the images from vintage patterns, I've amassed quite a collection of old dress patterns.  More than I will ever use for collages, so I experimented with using some of them as covers for books.  Here's a glimpse inside:
Each of these books has two pockets, one in the front and one in the back.  The image stamped on the pocket is a Tim Holtz idea-ology stamp (I think I got mine at Hobby Lobby). 

Every time I cut book board, I always end up with pieces left over, so I decided to make a couple smaller books from the leftover pieces:
And luckily enough, I just happened to have some red envelopes that were just right for pockets for the red & yellow book:
I love, love, LOVE that red & yellow paper.  It's just so bright and happy looking. 

I'll be bringing these books to Market Day on Saturday if you want to see them live and in person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment