Friday, June 4, 2010

Summer's Here...

Last weekend was busy and wonderful, wonderful and busy! The first MARKET DAY of 2010 was a great success...the new location at 300 SW 5th Street definitely brought in the foot traffic from the Downtown Farmers Market. Seemed like people were actually lined up at the door waiting for us to open at 9 a.m. A wonderful, busy time where I got to see some crafty folks I met last year at Market Day or more recently at Craft Saturday...and a chance to meet lots of new people, some of whom were shopping Market Day for the first time. Local people and some from far-away places like NYC...you just never know who you'll see at Market Day and for me, that is a big part of the fun. Cat Rocketship and the gang at make/break did an absolutely awesome job of organizing Market Day and making it successful. I am so looking forward to the rest of the season. FYI, Market Day is a monthly event held the last Saturday of every month May through October, and then in November it is held on Black Friday. You can find it in the old Ahrens-Pershing Warehouse at 300 SW 5th Street, right on the corner of SW 5th and MLK....and like I said earlier, it's an easy walk from the fabulous Downtown Farmers Market, so maybe next month you will wander on over and check it out. You can find out more info at www.marketdayiowa.com, or become a fan on facebook. (of course, facebook!) You can find me at Market Day every month this year except for July, when I am treating myself to an Art Retreat at Sweetwater Studio with the fabulous Kay Sperry. That was a tough decision, choosing between two of my favorite things, let me tell you. Luckily there are seven Market Days this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment